Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Salted caramel cupcakes


It's probably become quite apparent by now that baking and blogging have taken a bit of a back seat in my life over the past year or so. There's a few reasons for this... the main one being that planning our wedding has sort of taken over my life. But also I've just not been feeling the baking love - I've still busted things out for birthdays and occasions but there's not many things I've baked for pleasure. I've let my blog reading/commenting slide and the longer you leave that, the harder it is to get back into it. Plus, there's been some things I've baked that I never even took pictures of! BAD BLOGGER!!

Anyway, I've got all these draft posts (subject titles only, no notes or anything, so thanks for that, past self) about things I baked ages ago and can't really muster up anything to say about them! However, there are a couple of things that I couldn't *not* include and these salted caramel cupcakes are one of them.


Made last August for Mike's Mum's birthday, there are some pretty pictures of them that Mike took and it wouldn't be right not to share. Even if I don't have much to say about them, hopefully everyone will enjoy looking at the nice pictures, because who doesn't like drizzly caramel goodness? Just looking through the pictures to choose which ones to include has got me drooling!


I also liked the cupcake box - I got a set of these as a present from a friend and this was the perfect situation for them. We were seeing Mike's Mum for a birthday meal and since these were part of her present it didn't seem right walking in to Prezzo with a cake tin, nor are we the kind of family for 'things being brought out of the kitchen in a restaurant with candles in' (unless it's a BIG birthday, and then you just have to suck it up), so it was good to be able to hand one over nicely presented as a gift, and provide assurance there was a big old tin of them waiting in the car. Bonus points to me for having cupcake cases to match!


The recipe was from the Hummingbird Bakery and I have seen it online in many places, including here.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy! I completely know what you mean how hard it is to get back into blogging!
    I love those little red boxes, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, once you've had a bit of break it can be hard to get back into the swing of things... I think now the first couple of posts are out of the way I feel better!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photographs indeed. Good work, Mike! And you definitely get bonus points for matching the box to the cupcake cases.

    Don't worry about lack of baking and blogging, it happens to us all at some point. I had a bit of a baking slump last year, mostly brought on by disagreements with a new cooker/oven, but ultimately I have too much of a raging sweet tooth not to bake. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's definitely a good incentive! Weirdly I sort of don't have a sweet tooth really. If you could bake Pringles on the other hand then I would literally never stop baking!

      Delete
  3. I know exactly what you mean as I'm in the same boat as you! It's fun and exciting though:) I love that you have matching cupcake cases for the cupcake box. The photos are definitely drool worthy and I'm sure the cake tasted amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH are you wedding planning too?! Congratulations!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It's all very exciting but time consuming.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...