Thursday, 7 November 2013

Baileys and chocolate cheesecake


Just a really quick post about this all kinds of amazing Baileys and Chocolate Cheesecake I made back in September. I've been wanting to expand my dessert repertoire and I think a no-bake cheesecake is one of the best desserts in existence - not only is it super easy to make, I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like cheesecake so you really can't go wrong.

This one from the Caked Crusader had been burning a hold in my To Bake list for a few months and I decided to give it a whirl when we had some friends around in September (yep, that's how behind I am here!).

Due to my greed good hostess skills I didn't get any picures of the fully formed cheesecake, but I'm sure you get the drift here. My tin was definitely slightly too small, since the biscuit base to cheesecake ratio is a little off - not sure they are supposed to be quite 50/50 but to be honest I think the base is the best bit. I always eat the top bit and save the base for last!


This was a brilliant dessert - the cheesecake was lovely and creamy with a hint of the Baileys and the chunks of Flake added to the texture and gave nice little chocolatey hits. I am definitely making this again, I think a brilliant one for Christmas too.

I've also just remembered that my best friend and I were recently drooling over the Baileys flavours and I think adapting this using the orange truffle flavour would be genius! And that has also given me renewed devastation at the demise of the mint chocolate flavour Baileys, mint chocolate Baileys cheesecake would be amazing!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh I remember mint baileys, my ex butch male boss dumped it on my desk saying it was a girls drink - woohoo I was most happy to receive his offcasts!!

    Love cheesecake and I do approve of your ratio nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's ace! And yes it's definitely a good ratio in my book :)

      Delete
  2. This looks fab as I bloody love Baileys!! They have a chocolate flavour Baileys now out ready for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm that would be a good one to work into a cheesecake aswell! Yum!

      Delete
  3. The base is definitely the best bit of the cheesecake, just like the crumble topping is the best part of a fruit crumble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true! I think we should set up a campaign to change the accepted ration on these things! I want crumble with a thin fruit topping!

      Delete
  4. I am in total agreement with the comments above - please don't change the base/topping ratio! And I also agree with you and Jo about the crumble being the best part of fruit crumble! In our house we make a crumble crumble - we literally just bake the crumble and eat it with custard!

    But the topping does also sound delicious - anything that combines Flakes and Baileys has to taste amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! Crumble crumble! That's the best idea ever - I am going to try that myself!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kim,
    These Sounds like Yummy..!!
    This Chocolate Cheese cake looks delicious.
    I love Cheese cake most. I read your blog its really interesting and help full.
    Thanks For Sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...