Sunday, 22 September 2013

Lemon and Poppyseed Bundt


Like the Pistachio and Lime cake a few months ago, this is a cake where there's not much to say. I made it for Mike's Mum's birthday last month. It just seemed to fit the bill for a summer birthday - light, moist and fluffy with a bit of zing and a splash of bright white icing. It is a Dolly Bakes recipe that I first made last year when I used oranges aswell. This year I stuck to the original - straight up Lemon Drizzle. 







I was mildly horrified when I took it out of the tin as I thought it looked burnt but I assure you there was not a hard crust in sight, the whole cake was wonderfully soft and bouncy!



 For anyone that hasn't made a bundt before, I implore you to try - this is a great one to start with but Dolly Bakes has a whole host of beautiful bundts to tempt you. I was convinced mine would sink, stick and/or burn but I trusted the recipe and was so pleased with the results. I think bundts are great 'occasion' cakes as they don't have to be faffy and they make for stunning cakes.

2 comments:

  1. This a nice way to have you fave lemon drizzle cake.I like the way the icing just drizzled it self nicely in to kind of a pattern. the butterflies are very a cute addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm lemon drizzle! I love bundts for the same reason, although I'm still huffing with my bundt pan after only half of my last lemon, lime yoghurt cake came out of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...