Saturday, 27 April 2013

Mother's Day cupcakes


 I decided to go 'back to basics' this Mother's Day and made some vanilla cupcakes with lemon buttercream. Sometimes, you just can't beat the taste of a nice, plain, simple cupcake.

To jazz them up a bit, I picked out a pretty box and some nice cases, made some butterflies and letters out of sugarpaste, and piped the buttercream in a rose swirl. Rose swirls are definitely my favourite kind of piping, it's so quick and easy to do and makes for a simple but classic effect.



I think she liked them. But to be honest, she had a piece of El Gringo cake aswell on the day and I think that stole their thunder a little! Hopefully that was the first and last time my mother has ingested tequila!

3 comments:

  1. That is seriously gorgeous kim! what nozzle did you use? the buttercream looks lovely and creamy i thought it was a cream cheese one. what recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressed with your little butterflies, I never get as far as that when I'm decorating. The urge to eat cake becomes overwhelming once I've piped the icing.

    I'm also a fan of the classic rose swirl. Although the tall "mr whippy" style icing looks pretty I just don't like the icing to cake ratio. Even as an icing lover, I find it a bit too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, i have the milton m1! What is the name of the book? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...