Sunday, 3 June 2012

Reese's Cups birthday cake - take 2!

The Reese's cups inspired cake got another outing not long after the first attempt - this time for Nic's Notebook's birthday in March.


We went out to Tom at 101 for a meal and I was very excited/nervous to be asked to provide a cake! Luckily I knew straightaway that I would make the Reese's cake again, since Nic had liked the sound of it when I had mentioned it in February.

It was exactly the same cake as the first, the only difference being a daisy and a few butterflies... and a mahoosive sparkler provided by the restaurant when they brought it out!


Without doubt the hardest part of cake making to me is the decoration, and this time I had the bright idea of tracing out the name in the buttercream before piping it in. Can't believe I've never thought of this before, definitely going to be doing it like that from now on!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! And what a super cake it was :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a mahooosive sparkler! Looks excellent,I would never have thought to trace the name in buttercream first either. Will bear that in mind.

    I always think I need to be in the right frame of mind for cake decoration, otherwise I just end up flinging a load of sprinkles on top, claiming it's "rustic" decoration! Ha!

    By the way, despite your dislike for custard creams *sob* we can definitely still be bloggy friends. We just won't mention biscuits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the cake decoration! I love chocolate and peanut butter and wish I could have a slice of this now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...