Sunday, 10 June 2012

Cakes Not From Kim: Birthday Cake!

It was my 30th birthday (argh the horror) back in April and I took the risk of not baking a birthday cake for myself and hoping that someone else would have done it for me....

Luckily Mike had sorted out a cake for me - he informed us that the only ingredients he used were "a woman and some money" and so we all breathed a sigh of relief!

I am a bit of a Tiffany girl!
I loved the colour, it was spot on! Didn't really want to cut it...
Vanilla sponge, my favourite
We went for afternoon tea at Peckforton Castle in Cheshire which was beautiful, I had the champagne afternoon tea and had my glass topped up for free! I had never been before and will definitely be going back again, highly recommended to anybody who lives locally or is visiting the area.



3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday Kim! I love how the colour of your cake matches the polka dots on your dress perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake was v v yummy! Mike did well haha... can't wait for next years attempt :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!! Such a gorgeous cake - well done Mike! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...