Saturday, 7 January 2012

Cinnamon cake with blackberries


Another one that was made ages ago! I snipped this recipe out of the Sainsbury's magazine back in October-ish time, but I think it's a Dan Lepard recipe (really should have taken a note, all I have is a very neatly cut out rectangle with the recipe on). I love cinnamon cake and thought the addition of blackberries would make for a very wintry treat.... plus I was desperate for something without apples after the plethora of apple recipes I seemed to be baking in the Autumn!

Edit 17.01.12: Recipe is indeed from Short & Sweet by Dan Lepard and appeared in Sainsbury's magazine. Ingredients and method removed for copyright reasons.


This was a great cake, perfect with a cup of tea. Think I would add more cinnamon next time but apart from that it was lovely, light and fresh with the cream and fruit. The whole cake disappeared within the afternoon as I took slices to my mum and best friend and there were hungry boys around at the house for the F1 that day so when I returned there was only crumbs remaining!

12 comments:

  1. Mmmm never had cinnamon cake! That looks lovely, a real beast of a cake haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had cinnamon cake either. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I love the flavour combination here. Cute cake stand too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I think I spotted this delicious sounding recipe in Dan's Short and Sweet. I've bookmarked it and really pleased it turned out well for you Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god this sounds amazing - in the past 6 months I've developed a massive cinnamon addiction which I think this would help nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the sound of this cake, no wonder it didn't last long in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Og my gosh that looks sooooooooo good! I could go a slice of that right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cake looks so delicious - love the thick cream and blackberry filling. I'm sure this would disappear quickly in our house too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delish!

    www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cake looks such a truimph! The kind you would see sitting proudly in a tea room! I could eat a huge slice right now :) Your blog is adorable - I will be back soon. Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cake looks divine!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to be a party pooper, but this is a Dan Lepard recipe and we ask people not to randomly re-publish them, as they are copyright and Dan earns a living by writing recipes and selling books. This recipe is from Short & Sweet and was in Sainsbury's Magazine by permission of Dan's publishers, to promote the book, but otherwise it is not available for re-publication elsewhere.

    Would you take the ingredients list and method down from your site ? Sorry, but unless we follow up on these requests, everything Dan has written would end up on websites and this would affect book sales.

    David Whitehouse
    Editor, Short & Sweet and
    Business Manager for Dan Lepard

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...