Sunday, 1 January 2012

Christmas Round Up

I'm sure you're all sick of looking at festive food by now, so I'll keep this brief! After the madness of last year's Blogvent, Christmas baking in my house this year was a bit more few and far-between! I only baked one new Christmas bake this year which was these Gingerbread cupcakes - recipe was from the Pink Whisk and can be found here.


They were yummy and very festive but a bit on the heavy, treacle-y side for me. Mike loved them though since he is a treacle fiend! Sadly I didn't have any cute gingerbread men to decorate them with but instead used some festive silver balls. I just used normal icing mixed with lemon juice instead of water.




I also made some star biscuits (same recipe as last year)....


... some Florentines, same as last year, which were bagged up and given as gifts, and I didn't even photograph! ....

.... and the starry Mincemeat slice, again the same as last year! Only a couple of slices got eaten, mainly because it was made on the 27th to use up the pastry and the mincemeat and everyone was already full!

 Had to be clever with the angles as some of the stars went a bit awry!
I received some lovely new baking books for Christmas, including Lola's Cupcakes and the Primrose Bakery, so I can't wait to try things out from them. One of my resolutions is to try recipes from more diverse sources since I always end up just going with BBC Good Food!

Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2012 is all that you wish for and more xxx

5 comments:

  1. I had florentines for the 1st time last night and def want to try making my own! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great round up - I haven't posted any of my Christmas recipes yet, can't bear to look at them at the mo lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delicious collection of festive treats! Ohh- what lovely cookbooks to receive for Christmas! Enjoy! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Lovely round up - makes me feel Christmassy again :) So jealous of your Lola's cupcakes book as that's on my wishlist - look forward to seeing your new bakes. Have a fab year full of cakes and all good things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh gingerbread cupcakes sound delicious!

    Happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...