Sunday, 13 November 2011

Sugarpaste and my new Wilton 1M


Ever since my courses in cake and cupcake decorating I have been slowly building up an arsenal of cake decorating weaponry (this could be an expensive hobby!) and a few weeks ago I was finally ready to try out some of my newly acquired skills.

I had to keep it simple as I had the bare minimum of equipment! So I coloured some white sugarpaste pink and then stamped out some flowers. After a few head-scratching moments I remembered how to make roses and made some of them too. I was the most excited about using my new piping nozzle, the Wilton 1M that we had used on the cupcake course, and was even more excited that I actually remembered how to pipe properly - especially the rose swirl as I love the effect.


I know that cupcakes like these are as basic as you get, but I'm so proud of them and making them felt like a huge achievement. When I started baking I didn't really think I'd be able to make anything beyond some runny icing slopped onto a fairy cake! Art and creativity have never been (and never will be!) my strong suits, so I'm pleased that I can make something I'm happy with, even if it is basic!

9 comments:

  1. I think they look great, really pretty! It sounds like the course you did was really useful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really pretty. The 1M nozzle makes such a professional swirl. In response to your comment on my last post, don't give up on Hummingbird recipes! I can completely recommend the banana and chocolate cupcakes from the first book and the sticky toffee cupcakes from CakeDays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! I took course one of the wilton cake decorating class. I am looking forward to class 2. I had a hard time with the rose but you did an excellent job!

    www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I still need to get my proper nozzle! They look fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful. I don't think they are basic at all! They look very professional to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes look gorgeous!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, I see them not so much as basic as elegant and simple. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! I love the wilton 1M too. Your roses are lovely - I'm still perfecting them x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...