Saturday, 24 September 2011

Toblerone Cupcakes

Huge thanks to everyone who shared their brownie tips/recipes with me in response to my last post (please keep 'em coming!) - I will definitely give them another go at some point, and now I have lots more recipes to try.

This is another bake that I have the blogosphere to thank for. I saw this recipe for Toblerone Cupcakes on the Caked Crusader's blog a few months ago and immediately earmarked it for Mike's Dad's birthday as he is a Toblerone fiend!

These little cakes went down a storm with Mike's Dad, and I would definitely recommend the ganache in particular for other cupcakes aswell! It took a fair bit of whisking (I very nearly gave up) but it was well worth the wait - it was so light, but at the same time full of that rich chocolately goodness.

Thank you Caked Crusader! Be sure to check out the Caked Crusader for yourself for this recipe and other beauts - the recent cheesecake spectacular will probably be making it's way onto this blog in future too!

I'm actually doubly proud of these because they are the first things I have made solely using my mixture! I was given the lovely present of an all-singing, all-dancing Kenwood food processor for Christmas but it's been an increasing source of amusement/annoyance to some that I am still beating my cakes by hand... to be honest I will probably still do most of them by hand, it's probably one of the parts of baking I love the most! Somehow it doesn't feel the same just shoving everything into a bowl and twisting a dial. I definitely couldn't be without it now though as there are so many recipes I couldn't do otherwise (plus I'm planning on going soup crazy this winter so the blender is going to have its work cut out!).

So am I alone in my retro kitchen habits, or is there anybody else out there who enjoys a good bit of beating?!

5 comments:

  1. I like to beat my cakes by hand too, sometimes. Helps to build some much needed muscles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to bookmark this recipe, my brother is a Toblerone fiend. The Caked Crusader has so many gorgeous recipes on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to beat all my cakes by hand but my boyfriend treated me to a Kenwood and I must admit I am now terribly lazy and always use it! I still fold in the flour by hand if that counts ;). I am going to have to try out this recipe soon I love toblerone.

    Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Those are my sentiments exactly! Everyone bangs on about those KitchenAid mixers but I just don't feel I could take the credit for essentially measuring some ingredients and pressing a button, it's not the same! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...