Sunday, 20 March 2011

Snickers and Peanut Butter Muffins

I have gone a bit peanut butter crazy this week - it's not something I would ever buy so I needed to use the whole jar up! As a result the very thought of it is now making me a bit queasy.


I saw this Nigella recipe for Snickers and Peanut Butter muffins on Nic's Notebook and have had it bookmarked for ages, and when my best friend moved into a new place last week I thought they would be perfect for a housewarming present, as she is a bit of a Reese's cups fiend I thought she would appreciate them.

The tulip muffin cases I picked up from the cake supplies shop at Lady Heyes - I've never used them before but will definitely be using them again. I love the effect - but I need to work a bit harder on not dolloping the batter all over the sides too as there were quite a few stray bits of muffin burnt onto the tips of them!


I will definitely be making these again (although not for a very long time due to serious peanut butter overload) - I loved the gooey chewy bits of Snickers inside. Head over to Nic's Notebook if you want to try out the recipe!

9 comments:

  1. That looks great, my Husband would love some of those in his lunch box for morning tea I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to visit that cake supply shop at Lady Heyes! I love peanut butter anything so it wouldn't be very hard for me to use up a jar hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay thanks for the linkies!! Those cases look lovely! STILL haven't managed to go to Lady Heyes, was going to go with my mum but we were too tired after going round Blakemere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, peanut butter goodness! They look great and I really like the tulip cupcake cases - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, they look so professional! And the gooey bits of Snickers sound scrummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds wonderful, I love peanut butter! I actually put it right in ice cream and swirl it in..so yummy..it is good with nutella as well. great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In reply to your comment about how to cut perfect cake slices - I have a little secret! Dip your knife in warm water before cutting a slice. It stops the crumbs all crumbling apart and cuts the frosting nice and neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corr these look sensational! The gooey bits of snickers sound lush, i like the muffin cases you've used too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...