Thursday, 9 December 2010

Blogvent Day 9: Gingerbread Latte


I'm new to the Starbucks gingerbread latte love - I only discovered it this year, so it appears I have been missing out! After having one and becoming hooked, I decided to have a look online to see if there were any recipes out there. And there were!

The original recipe I used is available here. The quantities aren't very exact so you'd probably need to tweak it to your taste. The first go I had contained waaaay too much ginger and was a bit of a throat burner, but when I tried it today with a little less ginger and added some vanilla extract it was lovely, so the quantities I used today are below.

Makes 2
Coffee
Milk
Big dollop of golden syrup (i.e. a generous tablespoon)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream
Ground cinnamon

1. Put some milk in a pan (however much you like for 2 coffees) along with the golden syrup, vanilla extract and ginger and heat until steaming.
2. Make 2 cups of coffee (about half fill the cups).
3. Add the milk to the coffees, and top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

Enjoy! Also, I am now on Twitter (@cakesfromkim) so please say hello if you are on there too!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.. I first tried them this year too - soo lovely! Well done for making your own - a hack of a lot cheaper than Starbucks eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a coffee fan but Hubby is and he also loves gingerbread so this will perfect for him ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...