Sunday, 5 December 2010

Blogvent Day 5: Peppermint hot chocolate

Apologies in advance for the rubbishy photos in this post; not that I claim to be an expert usually, but I just couldn't seem to be able to get a decent angle/light to take these pictures in!

A bit of a break from baking today, but still yummy and chocolatey and Christmassy I promise!

Peppermint hot chocolate! I've never made actual proper hot chocolate before, and have normally been content with Options, but after this I feel there's no going back! The recipe is here (yes yes, Good Food again!) and is really easy to chop and change depending on how many people you are catering for - I halved it and made it for myself, Mike and his friend after they had come in from the cold (although admittedly they had been playing badminton so I don't know how cold they actually were, and it probably undid all their hard work running around the court...)

I think they look really cute and festive with the candy canes hung on the sides!

Back tomorrow with another Good Food recipe and then I am going to brave a couple of recipes from elsewhere... how will I cope?!

3 comments:

  1. This is really at my level - I'm off to get candy canes now! I don't drink tea or coffee so hot choc is my treat when I'm bored of hot squash and this looks like a HUGE treat x Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum never made my own hot choc before! Although there should be a big dollop of cream on top of that mug!! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike! I should have made mine with real chocolate too but Huuby and I are both slaves to the white stuff lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...