Sunday, 19 December 2010

Blogvent Day 19: Crumbly cinnamon and chocolate squares

Day 19 and sadly nothing I've baked myself yet again! This was another recipe I had earmarked for Christmas as it doesn't feature mincemeat, but I'm going to have to hold on to it until next year due to tin-related and time-related issues!

The recipe is from the BBC Good Food book 101 Teatime Treats and while I'm on the subject, I can't recommend these dinky little BBC books enough! I've used so many recipes from them, most of which are available on the BBC Good Food website aswell. They've been perfect for me, being relatively new to cooking and baking - all the recipes are straight forward and they normally turn out how they are supposed to, if you follow them properly!

Anyway, advertising spiel over, as this recipe isn't online, I will post below:

175g/6oz butter, at room temperature, cubed
200g/8oz golden caster sugar
175g/6oz plain flour
3 eggs
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp baking powder

100g/4oz plain chocolate, roughly chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100g/4oz light muscovado sugar
85g/3oz chopped mixed nuts

1. Preheat oven to 180c/gas 4. Line a 7x11in tin with baking paper. Put the cake ingredients into a large bowl and beat until well blended and creamy.
2. Tip into the tin, spread evenly right into the corners, then scatter the chocolate on top.
3. Mix the remaining topping ingredients and scatter over the top of the chocolate.
4. Lightly press to compact, then bake for 40 mins until risen and firm. Cool in tin then cut into squares.

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with something I actually have baked myself!

2 comments:

  1. These do look delicious, I hoping to get some baking done over the Christmas break :)

    Have a wonderful Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...