Saturday, 11 December 2010

Blogvent Day 11: Mincemeat Swirls


I stumbled across this recipe here when searching online for Christmas recipes - I was mainly looking for quick, easy ideas for things I could rustle up for last minute guests or if I was pushed for time.

They should have been perfect! Here is the recipe (original can be found here)...

Ready rolled puff pastry
About 1.5 of 411g jars of mincemeat
1 egg, beaten

1. Grease a couple of baking sheets and preheat oven to 220c.
2. Unroll the puff pastry with the long side closest to you and spread the mincemeat all over, leaving about an inch gap at the side closest to you.
3. Start at the far side, and roll the pastry towards you, Swiss roll style.
4. Brush the inch gap you left with the egg and seal.
5. Turn the roll so that the seal is at the bottom and slice into about 1cm slices.
6. Place on the baking sheets and bake for about 15 mins, until golden.

I ended up leaving mine in too long as I was getting ready to go out, and then I should have taken them off the baking sheets straight away, but I left them cooling too long so they all stuck to the sheets. I managed to prise about 3 off, which didn't end up looking that bad when plated up and dusted with icing sugar!

Anyway, I will definitely be trying these again over Christmas and will have to remember to keep my eye on the clock next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...