Monday, 13 September 2010

Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes

Apparently it's National Cupcake Week, so I'm glad I didn't get round to posting about these last week, since I have neither the time nor the money to bake anything this week, sadly!

I had been trying to find a recipe for some kind of toffee cake, which is apparently the favourite of the friend who I baked the cupcakes in the last post for. Recipes for actual toffee cake seemed few and far between and the closest I found was this one which was just for normal cakes with a toffee and chocolate topping. I got all the ingredients but changed my mind at the last minute (too paranoid about making something rubbish!) and stuck with the old favourites instead.

Since I had the ingredients, I made them anyway and was really happy with how they turned out.

I think the toffee needed to be a bit thicker so I could put more of it on, and the marbling wasn't quite as neat looking (OK, not remotely as neat looking!) as the one in the book, but it was fun to do. Mike liked them so much that he had one for breakfast several days in a row!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was National Cupcake Week!!! Right, aprons on girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making my first ever attempt at proper piped icing this week for National Cupcake Week lol.. Mmm... your toffee & chocolate topping sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy - toffe and caramel are one of my favourite - I may have to make some now!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...