Saturday, 7 August 2010

The simple things

A post I read recently by The Domestic Novice made me feel a lot better about my recent baking activity. Now that it's well known among friends and family that I enjoy baking, when birthdays and occasions roll around it's possibly almost expected that I'll whip something up... not that I mind, of course! But because I've been baking a while, I feel like I'm past the stage where if I make something rubbish, it can be passed off as 'awww, she's trying, bless her!' - which means I hesitate to try something new or different for a special occasion.

So for two recent birthdays, I played it safe and went for batches of simple vanilla or chocolate cupcakes.


They were well received, but I'd been thinking it's time I tried something different that would be a suitable alternative to these for birthdays and other events. I guess working full time again has been a shock to my system, and there hasn't been much time to 'trial' recipes as well as actually baking them for specific people.

Anyway, when I saw how yummy The Domestic Novice's tray bake looked I realised that there's been nothing wrong with what I've been doing so far, and that I shouldn't stress about trying to create something elaborate.

So thank you, Domestic Novice, for reminding me that the simple things are often the best!

2 comments:

  1. Indeed - keep it simple! These look gorgeous :) I love baking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delish - well done!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...