Friday, 20 August 2010

A kitchen of my own!

Even though I'd decided to keep this blog strictly about baking, I was so excited about this that I had to share... and I've managed to put a baking spin on it, too.

This week, my boyfriend and I found our first home! So, as long as our rental application goes through OK, we'll be moving to Frodsham, Cheshire in a few weeks' time. I can't wait! A big part of the excitement comes from finally having a kitchen of my own. I've only ever lived at home, or in shared uni accommodation and so I really can't wait to have a kitchen that I don't have to share with anyone (because I don't think Mike is going to spend much time in there, apart from when he does the washing up, of course!). Hopefully this also means that I'll be able to bake a lot more, too.

It's difficult to know how much stuff to share about myself on my blog. When I first started it, I wanted to keep it fairly anonymous, and pretty much baking only. But I want to appear friendly, too - especially as I'm reading and commenting on other people's blogs - seems odd to read about and comment on other people's lives, without really sharing much about myself.

Anyway, it's something I'll have to give a bit more thought to, I guess. But for now, here's some coffee cupcakes I made last week for a friend. I was quite pleased with them, especially the coffee buttercream! The lighting was really bad though, so I didn't get any decent photos at all, but I thought the gingerbread man decorations that I found in Lakeland were too cute not to share!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh the gingerbread men are so so cute. Bet they were tasty too on those lovely buns :)Frodsham is a lovely lovely place (I live very near there!), fingers crossed all goes OK with your application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for having your own kitchen, that was without doubt, the thing I was most excited about when I moved somewhere of my own. Fingers crossed the rental stuff goes through.

    Love those little gingerbread men!

    (You'll find your own way of writing stuff and deciding what you write about in time, it'll just be what feels comfortable.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for the application! My boyfriend and I just moved into our own (rented) place three weeks ago and I'm loving the kitchen - however he does like to come in and interfere which drives me mad! :(

    I couldn't leave a comment on your Hummingbird Disaster post for some reason, but do persevere with them - I've found the book totally foolproof (except for muffins which I am somehow hopeless at!). I had a batch of cakes come out like yours once and couldn't understand it til I realised I'd left out the eggs :S - maybe it was something as simple as that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations (fingers crossed) for your new home. I can't wait to move into my own place so I can take pictures without my housemates wondering what the heck I'm doing! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...