Friday, 4 June 2010

First attempts at piping!

I had been wanting to try piping icing for absolutely ages, but even after receiving a piping set for my birthday in April I had to wait another month to try it out because I was so busy with uni assignments and exams! Last week I finally got around to it and tried piping vanilla frosting onto some plain cupcakes...

The frosting was a bit too runny and so they didn't come out looking as good as I'd hoped, but for a first attempt, I don't think the technique was too bad! With some flowers added they looked a bit more interesting...

... and some stars too...

I've had another go this week with larger cupcakes and better frosting and they look much, much better, I will be posting some pictures of them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...